Come rain, shine, cold and heat, our lips take quite a bit of looking after.
Our lips have a thinner layer of skin compared to the rest of our face, making them more susceptible to dryness, cracking, and damage.
Neglecting your lips can also lead to discomfort, pain, and even infections :0
There are simple steps to follow in order to take care of your lips:
1. Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water can help keep your lips hydrated from the inside out.
2. Protect your lips from the sun: When you head outside, apply a lip balm with SPF to protect against sun damage.
3. Moisturise regularly: Use a good quality lip balm to nourish your lips and lock in moisture. Important all year round but if you’ve ever suffered from sunburnt or dry cracked lips and infections, you’ll know this is a must!
4. Avoid licking your lips: Though it may seem like a quick solution, licking your lips can actually dry them out even more.
5. Exfoliate gently: Use a soft-bristled toothbrush or a lip scrub to gently exfoliate your lips and remove dead skin cells to prevent chapped lips.
By following these simple steps, you can keep your lips healthy, hydrated, and looking gorgeous all year round.
There are a lot of natural ingredients that are great for a lip balm.
Here are some options: 1. Beeswax: Beeswax is a natural emollient that helps to protect and moisturize lips, however, as we are a vegan brand we would be remiss not to let you know about rice wax, brand wax or even fruit wax. There a many alternatives that do the same thing but Beeswax is the easier to get hold of.
2. Cocoa butter: Cocoa butter is rich in fatty acids and antioxidants that help to soothe and protect the delicate skin on your lips.
3. Shea butter: Shea butter is rich in vitamins A, E, and F, which help to moisturize and protect the skin.
4. Coconut oil: Coconut oil is a great natural moisturizer that helps to keep lips soft and supple.
5. Jojoba oil: Jojoba oil is similar in composition to the natural oils in your skin, making it a great ingredient for a lip balm.
6. Almond oil: Almond oil is rich in vitamin E and other antioxidants that help to protect and nourish the skin.
7. Vitamin E oil: Vitamin E oil is a great natural moisturizer and antioxidant that helps to protect and repair the skin.
These are just a few of the many natural ingredients you can use in a lip balm. x