- Organically Epic is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and service users; in this policy we explain how we will handle your personal data.
- By using this site, you represent that you are:
- at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or
- that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
How we use your personal data
In this Section 3 we have set out the general categories of personal data that we may process;
- the personal data that we obtained directly from you,
- the purposes for which we may process personal data; and the legal bases of the processing.
- Usage Data:
We may process data about your use of our website and services.
- The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use.
- The source of the usage data is our analytics tracking system.
- This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the website and services; and enhancing your customer experience.
- The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website and services.
- Account Data:
We may process your account data, which may include your name and email address.
- The source of the account data is you.
- The account data may be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you.
- The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business, and being able to provide you with our services.
- Service Data
We may process the personal data that you provided in the course of the use of our services. The service data may include your name, email address, delivery address, product purchases and credit card details. The source of the service data is you. The service data may be processed for the purposes of
- operating our website,
- providing our services,
- ensuring the security of our website and services,
- maintaining back-ups of our databases and
- communicating with you.
- The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business.
- Enquiry Data
We may process information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding products and/or services.
- The enquiry data may be processed for the purposes responding to any/all enquiries you make to us regarding product purchases, refunds, special offers and discounts, returning goods and any other communications relevant to our products and product sales.
- The legal basis for this processing is implied consent and our obligation to you to respond to your enquiries in an efficient manner.
- Transaction Data
We may process information relating to transactions, including purchases of goods and services, that you enter into with us and/or through our website.
- The transaction data may include your contact details, your credit card details and the transaction details.
- The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods, and keeping proper records of those transactions.
- The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a sale of products between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a sale and our legitimate interests, namely our interest in the proper administration of our website and business.
- Notification Data
We may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters.
- The notification data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications and/or newsletters.
- The legal basis for this processing is consent.
- When subscribing to our notifications and/or newsletters you have to opportunity to unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link found in the footer of all such communications.
- Correspondence Data
We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us through our website contact form or by email when you correspond with us directly.
- The correspondence data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication. Our website will generate the metadata associated with communications made using the website contact forms.
- The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping.
- The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business and communications with our customers.
- In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set out in this Section 2, we may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Providing your personal data to others
- Organically Epic is hosted on Siteground and uses WordPress and Woocommerce to operate.
- Woocommerce provides us with the secure online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. PayPal and Stripe are our chosen payment providers.
- Your data is stored through Siteground’s data storage, databases.
International transfers of your personal data
- In this Section 4, we provide information about the circumstances in which your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Retaining and deleting personal data
- This Section 5 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data, under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Organically Epic will take all reasonable steps to delete your personal data we hold on our UK based systems when you close or terminate your account with us within 7-working days, however, with the exception of transaction data in compliance with UK Companies & Tax Law
- We will continue to store archived copies of your personal information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law.
- Under the GDPR all EU-UK customers have the right to be forgotten by Organically Epic, to be forgotten, you will need to send a valid erasure request directly to Organically Epic.
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
- We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
- In this Section 7, we have summarised the rights that you have under the GDPR. Some of the rights are complex and will not be relevant to the minimal data we hold on you in order to enable you to purchase our products through our website, therefore you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
- Your principal rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are:
- the right to access; this is achieved through our website when you log in to your account area.
- the right to rectification; this is also achieved through our website when you log into your account area. Here you have total control over your data and we encourage you to keep this data up-to-date.
- the right to erasure; this is normally achieved by closing or terminating your account with Organically Epic.
- the right to restrict processing; this should not apply in light of our relationship as seller and buyer, but could apply to other services providers you have relationships with.
- the right to object to processing; this should not apply in light of our relationship as seller and buyer, but could apply to other services providers you have relationships with.
- the right to data portability; this should not apply in light of our relationship as seller and buyer, but could apply to other services providers you have relationships with.
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
- For those of our customers who do not have an online account with us , you may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
- On receipt of your request for the personal information we hold about you, you will need to supply appropriate evidence of your identity. For this purpose, we will accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
- In practice, you will usually either expressly agree and consent in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, and we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, via the unsubscribe link provided in the footer of all our email marketing
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies that we use
- Authentication cookies are session cookies which help us to make sure that you are really you when you when you visit and as you navigate our website.
- Security Cookies are session cookies, which are one of a number security measures used to protect our customer /user accounts, including preventing fraudulent use of login credentials, and to protect our website and services generally. We also use these cookies to ensure that all financial transactions on our website are encrypted.
- Analysis Cookies are session cookies, which we use to help us to analyse the use and performance of our website and services. The purpose of these cookies is to improve our services and your customer experience.
Our Cookies are provided to us by Woocommerce.
- This website is owned and operated by Organically Epic.
- We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 4435231, and our registered office is at Lancaster House, Sopwith Crescent, Hurricane Way, Wickword, Essex SS11 8YU.
- Our principal place of business is at: Organically Epic, 1 Point Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 7RT.
- You can contact us:
- by post, using the postal address given above;
- using our website contact form;
- by telephone on the contact number published on our website or
- by email : firstname.lastname@example.org