Certified organic, truly organic and sustainable dental products are still quite rare and incredibly niche.
By being organic we have a higher price point to our toothpaste than other non certified natural and organic toothpastes and a much much higher price point than a standard synthetic toothpaste that you can get at savers or the pound shop.
We are in a cost of living crisis, I’m not here to encourage people to spend what they cannot afford. I’d rather the global population had good dental care and healthy dental habits whilst also being able to afford to feed themselves, their children and heat their homes.
However, if you can afford our toothpaste and supporting dental products, why wouldn’t you? I mean, the planetary plus points alone make our certified organic toothpaste one of a kind and possibly the kindest toothpaste to the planet out there.
The use of organic dental products offers a range of planetary benefits, including;
1. Reduced Chemical Pollution: Non-organic dental products often contain harsh chemicals such as triclosan (globally not often in the uk) sodium lauryl sulfate and synthetic flavours that can cause environmental pollution. Switching to organic dental products can minimise the amount of toxicity that is being released into the environment.
With the health of our ocean and seas, their delicate eco systems and beyond, in peril, using organic dental products that go directly down the drain, is a must for the future of our waterways.
2. Healthier Soil: The chemicals in non-organic dental products can seep into the soil and harm plants and organisms. Organic dental products, on the other hand, use natural ingredients that are less likely to damage the soil.
Ingredient toxicity is closely monitored in every certified Organic product formulation and our toothpaste was no different.
3. Reduced Water Pollution: Chemicals from non-organic dental products can also make their way into waterways, causing pollution and harm to aquatic life. Organic dental products are made using natural ingredients that are less harmful to aquatic ecosystems.
Organic ingredients are also more likely to be biodegradable which is a definite plus when we are seeing them go into our waterways, seas and oceans.
4. Sustainable Packaging: Organic dental products are often packaged in materials that are more environmentally sustainable, such as recyclable or biodegradable packaging.
Our Brightening Antioxidant Toothpaste is packaged perfectly for the bathroom. We use upcycled sugarcane to make our toothpaste tubes. Bioplastics have all the plus points of plastic, they’re light, won’t shatter like glass, ideal for the bathroom without the fossil fuels.
5. Supporting Organic Farming: By using organic dental products, you support farmers who use sustainable and environmentally friendly practices that protect the soil, wildlife and ecosystems. And who doesn’t want to do that.
The use of organic dental products can help to reduce the environmental impact of dental hygiene and contribute to a healthier planet. Lowering waste and reducing carbon at the same time.
When you buy from a certified organic business you’re buying from planet passionate people who put their money into quality ingredients, innovative packaging and certifications that hold them accountable.
If it’s better for the planet, then it’s definitely better for us and our families futures.