You will have seen that one of the fabulous ingredients in our toothpaste is skincare face mask favour, Kaolin Clay. There is no denying the benefits that Kaolin Clay offers in skincare but why would we use it in our toothpaste?
- Mild Abrasive Properties: Kaolin clay acts as a gentle abrasive, helping to remove plaque and surface stains from teeth without being too harsh on enamel.
- Polishing Effect: Its fine particles can polish teeth, leaving them feeling smoother and looking brighter. Brightening without using the harsh ingredients for whitening teeth.
- Detoxification: Kaolin clay is known for its detoxifying properties. It can help draw out toxins and impurities from the mouth, contributing to fresher breath and a cleaner oral environment.
- Gentle Cleaning: Unlike some harsher abrasives, kaolin clay is gentle, making it suitable for people with sensitive teeth or gums.
- Natural Ingredient: Being a natural mineral, kaolin clay is often preferred by those seeking more natural or organic toothpaste options, especially for its gentle cleansing abilities. Yes please! natural for us all the way!
When Kaolin Clay is combined with other powders in our toothpaste : papain (papaya extract), aloe vera leaf juice powder (which makes aloe vera leaf juice) and charcoal our toothpaste packs a brightening punch but is still ever so gentle for sensitive teeth and gums.
Kaolin clay will also add to the creamy texture and soft grey colour of our Brightening Antioxidant Toothpaste.
So, it’s not just for face masks and other skincare products. Kaolin is a super ingredient in dental care too 🙂